Monday, January 26, 2009

weird twists of life

Well it looks like I might be becoming a substitute teacher. I have been telling people for YEARS, I really mean that..YEARS, that I was not going to be a teacher. Now I am trying to be a sub and I am thinking of going for my teaching certificate in about a year. The more I think about it, the more it is the perfect job for me. My daughter is slightly autistic, very high functioning but she needs me home when she is home if possible. It was really hard for her while I was in graduate school because I had a lot of night classes, but I kept promising her that when this was done I would have a job in which I would be home every night. She has been counting on it. Me too. So teaching seems a fairly good fit. I also love kids. Being a mom has been the best thing in my entire life and I just adore kids. My mother has been telling me for years she thinks teaching would be good for me and that I would like it. Well, I am going to find out now.
I am very scared and excited. I have this weird peace about it. If you had any idea how nervous I am. I am this close to being one of those people who never leave the house. But I am going to do this. I am determined to do so. All I want from life right now is to be happy and to make my kids happy.

And to move to Colorado someday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, teaching is stressing and tiring, but think that, one day, your old pupils will remember you as part of their lifes.
¡Be brave! ¡You can!
Ana