Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Clean colon!

Well, I finally got my colonspoloy (Okay I know I spell it wrong but you get the picture...my college education at work!! lol)

Anyways, I have been terrified to do this. My father died of colon cancer 14yrs ago at the age of 51. So doctors told me when I turned 40 I should get one. I will be 40 in July so I went ahead and got her done. Yesterday was TERRIBLE!!! I couldnt eat for almost 48 hrs and had to drink this awful stuff that smelled like the water you find at the bottom of a garbage can, I almost threw up, got the chills and had to poop water all day. Today I was so scared that they would find something. The sedative was GREAT!! I love that...and they found nothing. I have a perfectly healthy colon and I do not have to have it again for another one for 5 yrs (because of my family history).

I could have cried. I was so happy. Thank you Daddy for watching out for me and Thank you God dude, if you are listening.

Now I just need to get this thyroid crap done. I am thinking surgery is in my future because of my swallowing difficulty but I can deal with it.

No comments: